All students are encouraged to become involved in our school and our community through volunteer opportunities and 40 hours of community service, a requirement for achieving the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
As Catholics, we are called to the service of others. Volunteering offers many personal benefits and builds a healthy community. By volunteering, you can:
- Contribute to your community
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learn new skills or create new interests
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Lend your talents to a cause or initiative that is important to you
There are many great volunteer opportunities prior to Christmas to accumulate a number of hours including the Santa Claus Parade/Church Bazaars. Current opportunities are posted in the Guidance office, and additional information can be found on the School Board's 40 Hours of Community Service.